Tuesday 18 December 2012

Friday 18th December 2012: Surgery History, Growth and Development

WORLD WAR ONE



I found that there was signifiant growth and development during the first world war (1914-1918) as the need for reconstructions dramatically increased. This was because there were many burn and blast victims with dramatic disfiguring injuries.





These injuriess caused challenges for surgeons and increased the growth and development of surgery.

How does this help my project?
This is evidence which goes agains the idea of vainity within my project. During the growth and development witin the war, plastic surgery was not used to for vainity, instead it was a vital way of enabling survival. I will use the war and surgery as one of the subjects in my essay.






No comments:

Post a Comment