Tuesday 19 February 2013

Tuesday 19th February 2013- Skills

I have developed various skills that should help me in the future including:

Being able to imagine better. At the beginning of the project I didn't have a clue what I was going to do my project on, however after thinking of various ideas (shown in the mid map which I created at the beginning) I came up with a lot of ideas that would have been good to research. I also got better at inventing things which, again was shown in the mind map as I had to think of various questions which I could answer in my essay. Exploring the certain projects before deciding on a topic and also furthering my knowledge on plastic surgery. Exploring into the topic will make me able to answer to the question more accurately. This all shows my creative thinking skills.
I have also been able to question how the research I have done will lead to helping me find an answer to the quetsion. This will lead to more arguments and discussion points within my essay. I have shown research skills when I have been researching points about plastic surgery which I would like to use in my project. I have also gained selective skills as I have read through a lot of information in order to find the points which I will need to use. Being able to analyse the information that I have found has meant I know what I need to include (aka- the important bits). In my essay I will show evaluative skills when using the information that I have collected in order to find an answer. These all show me being an independant enquirer.
I was able to set goals for myself when I was planning my research and I also showed that I was able to self assess when putting my research into my blog as I could plan what I had done right and what I needed to do next. I showed improvement skills when I was changing my topic in order to make my project better overall. When changing my project I also showed that I was able to solve problems as it meant that the issues my project faced were no longer there. These all show that I am a reflective learner.
I have also showed self managing skills such as organising when I put all of my research onto my diary blog. Managing time skills were shown when I was organising how I was going to do research over a certain time scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment